Friday, April 1, 2016

Make Room for What You Love - First Week Challenge










I am so excited to announce that I am joining with Melissa of the blog The Inspired Room to celebrate her new book Make Room for What You Love. I read her first book Love the Home You Have, and was so inspired by the simple truths and lovely advice. Plus the graphics and quotes through out the book are so gorgeous. I can't wait to read Melissa's latest book. I just know it will be just as good.

A few days ago, I got this in the mail. 




Along with this lovely cup. Perfect for sipping tea while reading the new book!





As part of the book launch, a select group of people were selected to take part in weekly challenges and receive a few other goodies. It was such a thrill for me to be asked to join this group. Melissa is also opening this challenge up to all of you. If you would like to join me and follow along each week click here.

Here is this week's challenge:




Retreating to your master bedroom should feel like a reward at the end of a long day. It’s a sacred space. In a serene haven, clutter is an unwelcome housemate. In order to launch into your day with energy and anticipation, you need to have the areas where you keep clothes organized and functional.
This week we’re going to focus on cleaning out your dresser.
3 Steps to Decluttering Your Dresser
1. Empty your clothing and belongings from dresser drawers.
Take advantage of this moment to wipe them out and even add new drawer liners if you want to.
2. Take stock of how much drawer space you have. What do you need your drawer space for? Assign each drawer a purpose, with space for each category of belongings (such as socks, undies, slips, tights, PJ’s.).
3. Now it’s time to put back what you really use. What is in good condition, fits, and you actually like to wear? Put those items back in the drawer in the designated space. Match up socks. If you have lone socks, start a lonely sock basket, and if the mate turns up, you’ll be able to return them to the dresser. If the drawers become too crowded, pare down or relocate items if you have another option.
Get Organized Tip: You can make easy DIY drawer dividers from old shoe and gift boxes.

This one was actually really easy for me since I had actually already gone through my clothes a few months ago. I did want to share my top drawer organization though. I found shoe boxes (love the hot pink...the pop of color makes me so happy when I open the drawer) and use them to divide up each category of clothing. It makes it so much easier to find things, and I love how neat it keeps my clothes organized in the drawer.





Now is your chance to pre-order your copy. Today only Make Room for What You Love will be ***50% off*** for ONE DAY ONLY at Barnes & Noble online \(no joke, April 1)! That's a CRAZY deal!





And let me know in the comments how your challenge this week goes. Any great tips you have to keep your clothes organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment