Monday, November 25, 2013

Be Thankful and Show Gratitude



Thankful Printable - All In Good Twine

 
Free Printable from All In Good Twine
 
 
As Thanksgiving approaches, I have been thinking a lot about how this holiday is about showing your gratitude for all the good things in life. Sometimes when I am too busy and stressed out by all that is happening in a day, I focus too much on the negative, and it does take me a moment to remember that it is not all bad and that there are still things to be thankful for.
 
Recently, I have been trying to instill this positive trait with my children. My sons are at the age where if you ask them what happened at school that day they will say that not much went on, and then be done with the conversation. So I have started saying to them, "Tell me one good thing that happened." This always gets the wheels turning in their heads, and they come up with some great insights into their day. I hope it shows them that there are many moments in life that they can be thankful for and to practice expressing their gratitude for them every day.
 
Melissa over at The Inspired Room recently shared a list of her families 20 Little Attitudes of Gratitude. As she says, "By making a list of 20 attitudes we can work on and putting them into practice, we can make our homes a much happier place to be not only for Thanksgiving but every day of the year." Make sure to check it out  the list here.
 
I am going to set aside sometime after dinner one night this week, so we can all brainstorm, as a family, our own gratitude list. I don't know if we will come up with twenty for our list, but I think just the act of discussing it and writing it down will improve everyone's attitude. Plus, it will definitely put us into a very grateful Thanksgiving mood!

What would you put on your Little Attitudes of Gratitude List?
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of talking to your kids about what they are grateful for! Thanks for sharing our printable!!

    ReplyDelete