Saturday, November 23, 2013

Decorate the Table for Thanksgiving

 

We are all traveling to my in-laws for the Thanksgiving holiday. They have all the cooking part handled for the big meal, so since I still wanted to find a way to contribute, I offered to create a center piece for the dinner table.

I needed inspiration, so I did a little research.
Last Minute Thanksgiving Preparations
 
 
I think I will use pumpkins, gourds, and squash as the main part of the centerpiece. I like the idea of a "bounty of the harvest" theme. I also have a few tea lights left over from our Halloween pumpkins that I can scatter around the length of the table.
 
 
Thanksgiving table
 
 
photo
 
I like the idea of adding a black and white striped fabric to the table. Hopefully, I can find some napkins to fit the bill.
 

 
 I love this free printable, and will definitely make this banner. It gave me the idea to add an activity to the festivities. I am going to have everyone write on a colorful piece of paper what they are thankful for. Then I will hang them up on another piece of ribbon hung below the banner, so everyone in the family can see them.
 
After checking out all these ideas, I think I will be able to pull together a very nice centerpiece for the table.
 
For more inspiration check out my pinterest board here.
 
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these examples! I cannot wait to see the centerpiece you create!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete