Monday, November 18, 2013

Remember My Passwords

Ok, so I can't take it anymore. I have way too many passwords, and I keep forgetting them.

Actually, I can remember them just fine...the first time I create one.

Then I have to change them every few months.

Or what I was using no longer confirms to the "strong" password requirements. I now have to add one upper case and three lower case letters. Plus a number...and a symbol...add a frowny face.

And then the worst is when a username is assigned to me. I didn't know before how many different combinations of my name could be used. And there is no way to change a user name!

Uggg!! It makes a girl wish that all passwords were either voice recognition or bio-metrics. I would be fine with putting a thumbprint on the screen to get into my computer system at work. I can't forget that!

So how am I going to solve it?



By organizing all of my passwords into one easy to use book.

I found a few online that look promising...

Password.Log
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't wait to write everything down. I'll no longer have to remember anything. They will all be right there in my Password Book. It will be such an improvement to my life.

Of course I will keep it in a locked drawer of my desk. Now if I could just remember where I put my key....

How do you remember passwords, usernames, and other things like this?


Link up with Serenity Now, Remodelaholic, and I Heart Organizing


2 comments:

  1. I love all of your organization tips! I need you to come to my house for an intervention!! :)

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually love to organize. I'll admit it is sometimes hard for me to start a project, but I love how it all looks when I am done!

      Delete