Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Find Inspiration: Adding a Pop of Color to the Back of Bookshelves

 


 
 
I love the white bookcase I have in my living room. But lately I've been think that it would be nice to add a little pop of color to the back of the shelves.



I could always just paint it. That would be quick, easy and cheap. And it would be a great way to add an accent color to the room.


Bookcase
 
Via
 
50 shades of Grey implemented on Home office furniture Ideas :)
Use the extra blue paint for the back of bookshelves.
 
A wall of bookshelves accented with yellow paint on the interior back walls. Sitting in front is a stellar cream sofa with a green pattern.
 


But I would like to add something a little more than just color. Maybe, a pattern with wallpaper would be just the right addition to the room.
Bookshelves with wallpapered back - Pasadena 1 Home by Vanessa De Vargas of Turquoise Interior Design 
 
 Wow with Wallpaper
  Via
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A great way to introduce a little texture is by using bead board. The kind made out of wallpaper could easily be cut to fit into the back of the shelves.

 
 Built In Shelving
beadboard backed shelves
This may be the perfect solution to that black screen and the empty nook in my living room.  AStoriedStyle.com
 
 
 

Or I could use more unusual materials like tin or wood planks from an old fence.
Paint a bookshelf, take the back off, and place metal tiles on the back. Could do version of this to china cabinet
 



 

And what a great idea to make each shelf different. That would definitely add interest to the room.
I really love this. It would make me happy to walk into this room everyday. How could you stay in a bad mood when you're surrounded by this kind of colour?
 
Put Cubby Holes to Use
 
 
 
 
 
 
So many possibilities... I will let you know once I finally pick which way to go. What is your favorite?


Link Up with Remodelaholic
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These are all really great examples. I've thought about doing this with beadboard wallpaper in my kitchen cabinets.

    ReplyDelete