Thursday, January 2, 2014

Get a Jump on Planning for the New Year

2014
 Via
 
It's a new year and I am sure glad it is. 2013 was ok with a lot of downs but also a lot of ups...like always. But a lot seems to be going right lately, so I have high hopes for the new year.

I thought about making resolutions, but that seems so cliché. I thought about making goals, but what it I do not meet them. I would feel like I failed, and I was looking to be positive for the new year. I thought about deciding on an overall theme for 2014. I liked that and kicked around with the wording. "Get It Together" was the front runner. But still that didn't feel exactly right. Then I thought to stick with what I know. I finally settled on making a list. You all know I am good at doing that! So when I had a rare quiet moment on New Years Day, I set down and reflected about the past and what I would like to accomplish in the future. So far this is what I came up with.



1. Plan meals at least a week in advance.

2. Focus on one room each month and as time allows organize/decorate as needed.

3. Keep up with adding things to the family calendar in a timely manner, and actually make appointments far enough in advance that I can get the times that work for me.

4. Spend a few minutes each night tidying up since a little prevention goes a long way.

5. Work on getting the kids to take part in more chores. They are now upper elementary age and can do more things.

6. Actually go to the gym instead of just making a monthly donation. Remember that I always feel better after working out, if I can just make myself show up.

7. Take the time to unsubscribe from junk mail instead of just quickly deleting it from my inbox. Since I ordered on-line for Christmas to save time, I now must be on a lot of store email lists. I get almost 50 emails a day that are mostly ads. I am starting to lose track of the "real" email messages.

8. Go on more date nights with my husband.

9. Be in the moment with my children. They are growing up so fast.

10. Do the things on this list!

So that is my list. I think this will work for me as a good way to acknowledge the new year. I can always add to it as needed through out the year. Of course, the fun part will be crossing things off as I accomplish them.

What have you done for the start of the new year...resolutions, goals, nothing? What would you add to your list?

weirdvintage:

Buster Keaton making some resolutions for the new year, 1929 (via)

Via

2 comments:

  1. As for #7 I just used unroll.me a few days ago and it made a huge difference in my inbox! It will find all the subscriptions in your email and then give you the option to unsubscribe or combine them into 1 digest email a day. It's been so nice to check my email during the day and not have to wade through mountains of junk mail to find the real emails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to check this out.

      Delete