Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Read a Good Book: October Twitterature Link Up

 
twitterature monthly reading linkup short reviews
 

This month has been so busy for me that it has just flown by. I can't believe it is already time for the Twitterature link up.

If you haven't heard of it before...Anne of Modern Mrs. Darcy invites others to share what they have recently read and to give a short Twitter type review.

In the last several weeks, the only book I had time to read was Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay.
 

This is the latest edition in the book series that inspired the Showtime TV show Dexter. (It recently had it's final episode.)

I sometimes have to be careful about who I tell that I watch this show. I mean it's a little hard to describe the appeal of a show that is about a serial killer who kills other serial killers. I sometimes get a few...ok's...with that look in their eye that means they are really thinking...ok, weird... But I always found it to be such a top notch psychological drama with great acting and edge-of your-seat storylines.

Now on to the  book review...

This is the 7th book in the story and continues with Dexter helping to protect an actress from a stalker who is killing other women who look like her. In typical Dexter all-about-me fashion, he starts a relationship with the actress, but only because he likes her rich life-style and thinks he can become a part of it. Unexpected twists ensue. The author makes an interesting comparison between the "acting" that Dexter does, so he will appear normal and not like the monster he is, and the "acting" of those he meets who make a living being on television. Once again the author really gets into his character's mind and gives some great descriptions.

Hopefully, there will be more books to console me now that the TV show has ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment