Friday, December 20, 2013

Party With Your Favorite Things


 

I have to tell you all about this party I just went to! It was such a great idea and a wonderful alternative to those White Elephants I keep being invited to.

The theme was My Favorite Things!

Each person was asked to bring three copies of their favorite thing...that was under $6. This was definitely a challenge. I mean what can you get for six bucks now a days that is also something you really like? But it did lead to some creative thinking...and some great gifts.

When we arrived at the party, we were directed to a table to place our contributions. A sign requested you to write your name on three pieces of paper and place them in a jar.

Then the gift exchange began!

Each person took a turn standing in front of the group and explained why that item was their favorite thing. They ranged from nail polish, drug store eye shadow, paperback cookbooks, candles, and deserts to lip balm that the person has used since she read in a magazine interview that the star of "My So Called Life" Claire Danes said she wore it. The person then drew three names out of the jar and gave their favorite things to those people.

I received...



And a box of chocolate peppermint cookies. No picture available since my family devoured them as soon as I got home.

And my favorite thing, that I brought to share, was a DVD of...

The gifts I received were such an improvement over the thing I got at the last White Elephant party I attended...


What would you bring to a "Favorite Things" party? Have you gotten an interesting gift at a White Elephant party?



Linking up with Serenity Now, Jennifer Rizzo, Remodelaholic

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, and yes! Much better than the dreaded White Elephant! Seeing The Goonies here made me smile... what a blast from the past!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was fun to pick out my favorite 80s movie!

    ReplyDelete