Monday, December 30, 2013

Try Out the Jolly Vox Box

 
A few weeks ago I was selected to receive a Jolly Vox Box from Influenster.  It was fun once it came in the mail to open it up and see what was inside. I then took on the challenge of trying out each item.
 
First out of the box was of course the Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates. Any kind of treat does not last long in this house, and these were no exception. With a great creamy taste and at just 130 calories per pouch, myself and the other taste testers in the family happily eat them all up.
 
Caramel
 

 
Next out of the box was the Puffs Plus Lotion Tissues. I had a really
bad cold last week, and was glad that these tissues were now around. They were nicely packaged in a small container that I could easily carry with me, and  did not leave my nose red after I used them like other things I have used in the past.


I was actually really excited to see two makeup items in my box. I needed some new additions to my makeup routine. I've used a great eye shadow for a year or so. I still really like it, but I think the familiarity was making it boring to put on every morning. This eye shadow palate from New York Color was just what I needed to give my everyday make up routine a little jump start. The Long Beach Sands Trio Eye Shadow were great colors, and looked good on. The other make up item in the box was from Rimmel London. It was called Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stargazer. I really liked the applicator and the texture of this item, but the color was just not me...a little too pale for my liking.
 
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer, StargazerNYC HD Color Trio Eye Shadow, Long Beach Sands 
Last was the Duck Tape with a paint splatter pattern. My first impression was while I liked the size (it's from their Ducklings Mini Rolls line) and it looked like a sturdy tape, I didn't exactly swoon over the pattern. Frankly, I didn't know what to do with it.
 
 
Then late on Christmas Eve, I was quickly making a card to put a gift certificate inside. It needed a little something more so it don't look like I just threw it together at the last minute...which was true, but the recipient didn't need to know that. I quickly grabbed this tape out of the box, and used it to frame the picture on the card. It looked great, and quickly became my most favorite thing I received. Funny how that happens.
 
 
 
All reviews are written by me personally and reflect my personal opinion. I do accept free products for review, but I do not guarantee a favorable review of the product unless I truly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment