Monday, August 19, 2013

Read for Improvement: Part 1

This is the first in a series about books that discuss making changes to improve one's life.

First up is The Happiness Project.


This book, written by Gretchen Rubin, details a year in her life where she works on increasing her happiness. She is already pretty happy, but just needs slight improvements. I like that this project is done within the context of her current life. With my busy schedule, I often don't always have time for anything extra. Jetting off to some meditation retreat for a week of contemplation is just not going to fit into any plans. All of her suggestions can be done within the current state of my own situation.

There was also great information, that the author included, about others in history who have also set out on the quest for happiness. Sometimes it is nice to hear what people thought about or how they approached something they were faced with.

After reading the book, I was inspired to try my own project. I made up my list of what to work on  based on the author's resolutions. And just like the book was set up, I will work on a few goals at a time, adding new ones every four weeks. I plan on doing short updates once a month as I make these small steps to improve my life. Stay turned for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment