Thursday, February 20, 2014

Find an Idea for a Unique Kitchen Backsplash

 
I loved the kitchen featured in the March edition of House Beautiful. Those shutters are such a great pop of blue, and the island works well for the small space. But what really caught my eye was the back splash behind the sink and cook top.
 
 
lee jofa lauretta fabric backsplash
 
 
At first I thought it was some kind of hand painted tile. But after I read the article, I realized it was fabric laminated between two piece of glass. Fabric as a backsplash! What a great way to incorporate more color and pattern into the space. This idea would be an improvement to any kitchen.  Imagine the possibilities!
 
 
So what do you all think? Would you try this in your house?
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frances.
    I wouldn't try it in my house now, but I most certainly would have used it in my earlier years when i loved to change things up frequently!
    How does the glass stay against the wall though? Because if you glue it on, wouldn't it be impossible to get off without breaking it? Or do you literally suction cup it to the wall? But wouldn't the suction cups lose 'stick' over time?

    ReplyDelete